Wednesday, February 2, 2011

With a little love

I have a new system to keep me motivated to get my house under control.  I have a tendency to doing things 150%, which is a good thing sometimes.  But most of the time it means something is always lacking majorly in my life.  When I am creative I am 150% creative, leaving cleaning, organizing, even bill paying to wayside.  When I'm on a cleaning kick that is all I do and burn myself out completely.  So I'm trying to find the balance in my life, work on things a little at a time instead all or nothing mentality.  With that being said with my organization challenge under way, 52 Weeks of Organizing, I have decided for every organizing project I do I am going to do something creative.  Since I got all those cords under control last week I put together this Valentine mantle as well.  I'll apologize in advance, I tried really hard to get a good picture but the lighting in this room is less than desireable.  Its warm and cozy but not much for picture taking. 

 With a little organizing..... with a little love


I printed these out from Tip Junkie free printables, two of them are 1Chorinthians, the one on top written in scroll I did on word, don't remember what font though

added our wedding photo (wow we were so young), a tin heart I had laying around, and my Willow angel

added a LOVE banner out of cardstock and fabric that I had

I was inspired by Tater Tots and Jello for this, I'm thinking it needed a little more of the black damask showing, maybe the ruffle heart a little smaller.  All made out of scraps of home decor fabric.

Don't ya just want squeeze her face.  Of course I had to add our baby "Lucy"when she was a baby.  Oh how I miss those days



and a photo of our three sons when they were small and loved each other. lol  No looking through all of our pictures as they have gotten older it has been harder and harder to get a picture of them all together. 


With a little organizing .... With a little love



handmade projects








Praise God for YOU!!!
Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/wizard3_2.php##ixzz0miIcUbIS

1 comment:

AlexisAnne said...

I am exactly the same way- if my house is clean, I've done nothing else. If I get a done of creative projects done- the house is a mess. I love your 1 for 1 system...good idea!