Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday's Window

    I know you all thought I dropped off the face of the earth.  Well not exactly but summer has just been really busy.  I'd like to say I was off the radar on some tropical island sipping a frozen drink but that's not the case. While my boys were gone I thought I would get all kinds of projects done.  HUH not the case, it was crazy the first week I got caught up on some paperwork for my husbands business and the second week I was in panic mode trying to clean and catch up on laundry.  It wasn't all work and no play I did catch the new Sex In the City movie with an old dear friend.  Mom and I had a great day "junk" shopping,  I'll post my finds tomorrow, they made me very excited.  And my husband and I celebrated our Anniversary in Orlando for some much needed down time.  No Mickey Mouse but we did go to Joe's Crap Shack (which is an experience all in itself), a great dinner show (Sleuth Dinner Show) and went to the Outlet Mall.  Yes my husband acutally endured the day with me at the mall, he's a keeper.  It has been full steam ahead ever since the boys have been back.  We had our niece and two nephews come visit for a little while, which made six kids (five boys, two braindead teenagers, UHOY!)  Then we celebrated my middle son's tenth birthday which seemed to last a whole week.  Yestereday was the first day we just stayed home and had time to catch our breath. 

Well here is the Wednesday's Window you have been waiting for :

 My inpiration was a technique I saw on Make the Best of Things where she made a 3d effect with hot glue that really looked like old tin.  So I thought why not give it a try on a window?

I started with duplicating the lines of this cross that I had hung in my entry way. 

glued the stencils to cardboard cut to fit in each window pane.
 Then applied the hot glue along the lines that I had drawn out.  It takes some patience but overall I think the effect came out quite nice. 
I then spray painted them a metallic, stainless steele color ( same paint I used on the dresser hardware), and topped with a coat of that celery green latex paint I used on the first window project. 

I have a dear friend that collects crosses so this one is for you Sherri! I love you girl cant wait to see you. :)


Linking up to the last Bragfest at :(

button


Praise God for YOU!!!
Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/wizard3_2.php##ixzz0miIcUbIS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Wednesday windows, and this one is REALLY SPECIAL! Thank you for sharing and Praise God for you too, my friend!

Debbiedoos said...

I love this project, very nice. I have a collection of crosses and this is just such a neat idea. I have a before and after party going on now if you would like to join in....also every week I do a thrifting party that is so much fun. Hope to see you sometime. Debbie

Terri Smith said...

Sensational Idea! I'm sincerely going to attempt to replicate this project. Thanks for the tutorial!

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, it is wonderful! I want one.
Would you make me one? ha ha
Thank you so much for sharing!
Have a good day!
Leticia
www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.